Ross Cunningham will go anywhere to try a case - even a FEMA trailer. It happened in the wake of Hurricane Katrina and didn't break his stride one bit.
As one of CunninghamSwaim's more seasoned trial lawyers, Ross believes that most companies are too risk-averse to take a case all the way to trial. But all too often, this mindset puts businesses at a disadvantage. They do not allow their lawyers to do what it takes to prepare a case for trial, which weakens their position when it's time to talk settlement.
Ross doesn't have that problem. He actually looks forward to trying cases. And, by being prepared to go to trial, he often finds that settlement discussions produce better outcomes.
Areas Of Practice
- Aircraft Disasters
- Product Liability
- Construction Defects
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Commercial Disputes
- Patent Infringement and Misappropriation of Trade Secrets
- Texas, 1998
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 1998
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- B.A. - 1995
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Economics
- Raytheon Company
- L-3 Communications
- Celanese Corporation
- Piper Aircraft, Inc.
- Spirit Airlines
- PHI, Inc.
- Bell Helicopter Textron, Inc.
- Continental Motors, Inc.
- Teledyne, Inc.
- Clearline Corporation
- AIG Aviation Insurance Services, Inc.
- CV Starr Adjustment Services, Inc.
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty
- W. R. Berkley Aviation
- Energy XXI
- Westwind Helicopters, Inc.
- Med-Trans Helicopters
- Gore Design Completions
- PlaneSmart, Inc.!
- Western Healthcare, LLC
- Austin Industries, Inc.
- Five Sigma Lighting Group
Honors and Awards
- Named as “Leaders in Their Field” in the 2013 edition of Chambers USA directory for work in general commercial litigation
- Named a “Rising Star” by Thompson Reuters in 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Named to D Magazine’s Top Lawyers Under 40 in 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- Greater Dallas Chamber of Commerce
- Kappa Alpha Order