He has 25+ years of experience as a seasoned trial attorney with extensive experience managing, coordinating, prosecuting, and defending complex, multi-jurisdictional mass casualty and commercial claims all over the country. He specializes in aviation, transportation, product liability, maritime, and construction litigation. He has extensive experience with the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) investigation process and with the Aviation Disaster Family Assistance Act. He has advised countless clients, including air carriers and aircraft engine manufacturers, on how to prepare for and what to expect during NTSB investigations.
Gary is a fierce advocate for his clients. He has never settled a case that should be tried and has never tried a case that should have been settled. Indeed, Gary's reputation as a claims resolution expert is undisputed in insurance markets around the world. He is known for his knack for resolving difficult, high stakes claims efficiently and with excellent results.
Gary also has the unique experience of having managed a 20-member aviation claims team in North American for a major lead insurance carrier, responsible for claims resolution and litigation management of claims with the values in excess of hundreds of millions of dollars. Additionally, he simultaneously managed an 18-member Coverage Counsel team responsible for determining coverage positions in multiple lines of business including but not limited to Aviation, Marine, Financial Services, Professional Liability, Personal Lines, Liability, Exposure, Entertainment, and Property. Gary's experience allows him to seamlessly shift from managing a team engaged in "bet the company" litigation to settling a dispute that can and should be resolved by simply placing a phone call to find middle ground.
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association
- Aviation Insurance Association
- ABA’s Aviation Litigation Section and Aviation Space Law Committee
- Helicopter Association International
- Council on Litigation Management
- American Helicopter Society
- International Air & Transportation Safety Bar Association
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association